Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Screen Actors Guild Awards- January Jones another hit

Watching the Screen Actors Guild Awards arrivals on Sunday night (with the sound down - just want to see the fashions I admit, not listen to the interviews), my girl January Jones (my best dressed pick at The Golden Globes) hit another homerun with her dress by Carolina Herrera.

   
I just thought it was elegant (I am partial to Carolina Herrera I admit), although her hair was little too harsh for the dress.  I like that January is not afraid to mix it up and play with her look, dress color and material.  Her strategy is clever; she is always talked about for the risks she takes and that is great PR for her and for her career.  Smart lady.  
 
Another look I loved for the sheer fun and girly nature of it was Angie Harmon's pink Monique Lhuillier dress.  You could tell she loved it and her simple hair and make-up with minimal jewelry was a perfect compliment to all the feathers and fluff of this dress.

Academy Awards are next...so let's see what the stars and stylists come up with for the most glamorous night in Hollywood. 

It is fun to see the fashions...frivolous and fun... it takes us away from our own closets for a while and today, it took me away from the snow storm here in Chicago.

Have a Violet's Day and make sure you have your snow shovel and warm boots.

1 comment: