Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happiness in a Snow Storm

"What did you do for fun when you were ten years old?"  That is the question posed on The Happiness Project website today. http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/ 

I have the Happiness Project site as a permanent link on this blog and I get the daily emails to inspire and challenge me about my own happiness. 

Since Chicago is basically closed down today due to the snow storm, it got me thinking about sledding, ice skating and hot chocolate and those days, as a 10 year old kid, when the words, "SNOW DAY" meant no school and lots of fun outside. 

Here is a picture of Lake Michigan from yesterday; the part you cannot see is the lake.  The power of nature is very humbling. 




So today, I am taking a snow day too, like the millions of children and parents across the USA affected by this storm. I am going to try to do several things I did for fun when I was 10 years old and I challenge you to do the same - snow or no snow.

I have my gloves, hats, scarf, boots and coat...now just need to find a hill in the very flat Chicago area that is ready for sledding. or maybe I will go to Winnetka, IL (a northern suburb of Chicago) and go ice skating on their town rink.  Hot chocolate is provided.  Or maybe, making a snow angel will just be enough...

Have a Violet's Day today - be a 10 year old.  Share what you did with the rest of us...so we can be inspired by you.

1 comment:

  1. I am shuttering with just pictures I cannot imagine that sort of weather though today (here in south texas) it's in the low 30's which is UN-HEARD-OF! Enjoy the weather and stay warm!

    www.houseofhemingway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete