Friday, February 25, 2011

Do etiquette rules of 1924 still apply today?

In 1924, Vogue published a Book of Etiquette about how to behave appropriately in public.  I thought this was fascinating.

Some of these rules are published in Buzzfeed, http://www.buzzfeed.com/clio/vogues-book-of-etiquette-1iti?awesm=awe.sm_5FNIl&

Here is one that I wish was still common practice - because dinner SHOULD be an event when you go out and dressing up is part of the fun.   



And this article made me go...hmmmm...because I do pronounce some of these words the way Vogue says not to...but maybe it is my Midwestern upbringing?



Fascinating...

I said in an earlier blog that good manners were one of my favorite things.  I wonder what the 2011 etiquette rules would be if Vogue did a new book?  I hope many of the rules would still apply.   

Have a Violet Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment